100% NATURAL, REUSABLE, AND BIODEGRADABLE
WHY BAMBOO STRAW?
- The most impactful reason for bamboo drinking straws is for the sake of the planet and future generations. The ABC’s War on Waste team has estimated that 10 million plastic straws a day is not unfeasible for Australian straw usage, and may even be an underestimation.
- Bamboo is the fastest growing plant in the world and can grow up to 10 cm in a day and regrows quickly after being cut down, making it the No. 1 renewable resource.
- Bamboo straws are better when it comes to your health. When you use plastic straws for hot beverages like tea, cocoa, and coffee, toxins can leach from the plastic and PLA (Polylactic Acid) straws and enter your body.
Bamboo straws stay the same temperature in hot or cold drinks. They feel good to use and are dishwasher safe.
Using a natural, organic straw made from bamboo eliminates the potential for ingesting chemicals.
ARE BAMBOO STRAWS SAFE?
- Bamboo straws are safe when compared to glass and stainless steel, which are other favourite materials for reusable drinking straws.
- 2 years of family use and they’re still not ready for the compost.
- Because bamboo is a 100% natural material, it will eventually wear out, even when well cared-for.
- Raw bamboo straws are non-toxic and free from harmful substances. Safe for people, safe for the environment. Bamboo doesn’t leave a toxic residue when it breaks down.
BAMBOO LIFE CYCLE
Raw Straw Bamboo Straws are made by hand in China. They have a low carbon footprint and are home compostable so when you’re done, simply dig it into your veggie patch or throw it into your compost pile.
Our straws are harvested by hand, dried in the sun, cut to size using a hand grinder then polished and washed.